Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sins against Gender stereotypes

This is a tag going around a while ago, so I decided to pick it, here are the rules :

Have you ever wanted something that is considered ‘manly’ ? Like a basketball, a cell phone, a dog, a camera or a new laptop? A new car or motor bike? Ever wanted to be a pilot? A doctor or not a nurse? And the manliest want of them all – The remote! ;)

As a kid did you enjoy playing with a bat and a ball?

There was a time when books were considered ‘manly’, women authors had to pretend to be men – would you say books are still rather manly – women should want to embroider and crochet?

Go ahead pick it up, it's funny


1. I had a boy-cut( short spiky hair) till I was 14-15, I was constantly confused for a boy, people have stopped me from going into the girls bathroom saying that "for men it's the other way".

2. As a child I mostly played with guns and cars.

3. I'm the muscles in the family , I open bottles, carry heavy bags, change the bulb (there are only girls in the family, no sons)

4. I like looking at pretty girls.

5. I find shopping and fashion really boring.

6. I am very comfortable being alone, I don't need protection, I've eaten at restaurant, traveled, gone to the cinemas and seen expos by myself. It's peaceful to be by yourself sometimes

7. I plan to never get married, I'm all for live-ins, slightly commitment-phobic

8. I do not like to be told what to do, with my money or with my time…I do as I please!

9. I appreciate people who speak their mind, frank, and don't care too much about hurting perceptions. Keeping up appearances is in other words being a hypocrite. If someone doesn't like me then goodness gracious me , I don't care, it's their problem

10. I'm hairier than most guys

I tag all my followers, all you 3 people :)

3 comments:

  1. Ooh. That was pretty interesting! Especially # 3, 6 and 7!
    Same pinch for #1, although I had it till class 6 and didnt really have the same sort of experiences :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's with #4? :O
    #7 :O We don't need another case and another round of persuasions, do we?
    I like #8, Same to same ;)
    No wonder you like me, you just described me in #9 ;)
    #10 NO!!!! :O Hawwwwwwwji! hahahaha! Just Kidding! Aakhir waxing banai hee kis kaam ke liye hai bhagwan ne? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vatsal: for number 4 there's nothing wrong, Girls are usually prettier than guys anyways....
    and for number 10, is it really a surprise, and I don't like waxing, do you know how painful it is???

    Priyanka: you'll probably understand the trauma of number 6 then ;p

    ReplyDelete