Sunday, February 20, 2011

Book tag

1. Favorite childhood book? Harry Potter series, Narnia series, and when I was really small Berenstein Bears, Enid Blyton,.........
2. What are you reading right now? Five people you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
3. Bad book habit? I read in odd positions and never pay attention to the amount of light I'm getting
4. Do you have an e-reader? – Nope, nothing beats paper but ipad sounds really appealing you can carry loads of books in a small space
5. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once? One book at a time, I'll get confused if I read too many books
6. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Yes I've started reading online more
7. Least favorite book you read this year (so far)? Romance by Joyce Carol Oates
8. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Eat Pray Love so far and Life of Pi
9. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? I don't have a particular comfort zone but usually I don't read non fiction
10. What is your reading comfort zone? Contemporary English fiction, stories about life, not one for thrillers
11. Can you read on the bus? Of course
12. Favorite place to read? In the train
13. What is your policy on book lending? RETURN MY BOOKS ASAP
14. Do you ever dog-ear books? All the time, to bookmark or to select my favourite passage
15. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? No
16. Not even with text books? I don't read text books
17. What is your favorite language to read in? English, and very rarely French
18. What makes you love a book? if it makes me get hooked, humour, how much I found the book honest, if it talks about life
19. What will inspire you to recommend a book? How much I laughed, or how true I found it to be
20. Favorite genre? Anything except romans policiers
21. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?) Jeffrey Archer type books
22. Favorite biography? Dreams Of My Father by barck Obama wasn't too bad
23. Have you ever read a self-help book? Yeah I've been gifted self help books, my friends thought my life was too much of a mess
24. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
25. Favorite reading snack? Anthing as long as I don't get stomach aches later
26. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience The Kiterunner, good book but really so many people told me to read it that i got pissed off
27. How often do you agree with critics about a book? Critics give a very detailed and almost scientific analysis of the book, whereas when I like a book I'll tell you in 5 lines if the book is good, bad, average
28. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? Mostly if a book is bad I can't finish it so I usually don't give bad reviews, why waste time giving bad reviews when you can share the good books you've read. bad books are usually forgotten anyway
29. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose? Spanish and Hindi ( I can barely spell my name in hindi)
30. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? My text books
31. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth, Crime and Punishment
32. Favorite Poet? none but I've read a few poems of Paul Eluard that were nice
33. Favorite fictional character? a Tough one, I'd say Anne of Green Gables
34. Favorite fictional villain? Severus Snape
35. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? Funny books
36. The longest I’ve gone without reading – 2 years
37. Name a book that you could/would not finish- Sacred games by Vikram Chandra
38. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? My family or I fall asleep
39. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? The Namesake
40. Most disappointing film adaptation? All Harry Potter!!!!! Total BAKWASSSSS
41. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time? 72 euros
42. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Before I chose a book I read the summary at the back side and go through the first paragraph to see if I'll want to read the next one
43. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?if it sounds fake or if it's not an engaging story
44. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yes
45. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? If I had a house I would keep them but since I lead a nomadic life I give them away once I've read them
46. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? Books by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
47. Name a book that made you angry The KiteRunner by khaled Hosseini, I wanted to stop everything and rush to Afghanistan to adopt a child
48. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? How to Kill your Husband by Kathy Lette, Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
49. A book that you expected to like but didn’t? sooo many, one that comes to mind is Midnight's children
50. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? Asterix and obelix, Archies

No comments:

Post a Comment