Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blogging

My didi discovered the blog world way waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy back , long before it became popular. It was just in the end of the dark ages, when Google was just gaining momentum, when not all computers had CDs capacity, beginning 2000s. When I first heard of it, I thought it was a silly concept and didn't really understand it, but now I understand the bravery it requires, to bare yourself to the world, the fight to make your word interesting and hoping for some reaction.
One thing our generation cannot complain about is lack of expression, what with Facebook, Twitter and Blogs, it seems uncanny how many friends we have on these social networking sites and yet to have lesser and lesser communication and social skills. The more we are connected to the internet world and therefore millions of people, the less you see kids playing outside, friends casually dropping by, the less we actually meet people.
It's a funny world, I have more than 300 friends on Facebook, and not one to call when I'm feeling low, funny world indeed. I hope my blogger friends will become genuine friends.
Right now I'm trying out all the gadgets, background, it's quite fun actually.
It's cool
Peace out

3 comments:

  1. Hellooo :D
    Welcome to Blogger! Yep, Blogging is kinda hard, and sometimes you get a writer's block, or worry if what you write is intersting, or funny, or whether people will appreciate it or not. But writing what you really feel really helps :)
    Oh, and Ive got to know some people via Blogger, and now I can add another name to that list :)

    Ps- You look very cute in your picture! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Priyanka,
    A few hours old and my blog already has followers, what a nice feeling, thank you for it and thank you for your comment, I will surely enjoy this ride in the blogosphere

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the intro line reminds me that someone else also should resume blogging. The elder one, who brought this into the family :D
    Who else do you need to thank?? ;)

    ReplyDelete