Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Teenage years

Teenage years, one of the supposedly traumatic years, where you rebel against pretty much anything, and mostly for no other reason than to rebel. Or so they say. My memories of my teenage years are very tame, I didn't party too much but there wasn't much opportunity for it either. I wasn't rude to my parents, I didn't hate them, I told my mother practically everything, from the guys I liked to who I had a fight with. I went to class, I studied. I had dreams and was content with my life at home. Now for the other part: I had huge self esttem issues. I used to think I'm super duper ugly, fat and hairy. Of course now when I look at my pictures from that time I realise how completely foolish I was. It just makes me realise that all the crap you see and hear about phases of life you are supposed to have. Or how each phase of life should be lived is complete and utter crap. How people having read some article tell you how to live your life. It's incredible indeed since noone fits the norm, noone fits the perfect model. How do you really define normal? is it agreeing with everything your parents tell you,or is it thinking completely by yourself and making your own choices. You ask anyone and they have their own opinion on what a rational person is. The fact is there is no rational person, so next time anyone expresses disapproves of you, judges you, there is no need to take it as little sharp edged arrows placed in your chest that you have to painfully pluck out

No comments:

Post a Comment