Sunday, July 3, 2011

There is a huge difference between a mother and an elder sibling, it might seem like the elder sibling (brother or sis) is a parent figure, someone who cares for you in every circumstance, and they might feel the same way but don't kid yourself. The love, generosity, benvolence your parents will have for you noone else possibly can. There is no replacement for that, so every time an elder sibling tries to dominate you and pass it off as love be sure to snap and fight it. Many siblings don't want the other to do better or are just used to interfering/ controlling their life. When you are in a postion of force why would you let it go. So be confident, don't take their criticism to heart and live your own life.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmph. I dont agree with this at all. I am an elder sibling and I dont see how different would I feel if instead of two younger sisters I had two daughters. The idea that one day I could love someone more than those two is almost incomprehensible for me.

    This is a big generalized statement and it totally doesnt apply to everyone. AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was on your blog yesterday...

    Well okay, I did write this in a fit of anger, I didn't even write a title because I was so pissed off....but you do have a point and so do I, I know siblings who adore each other and some who hate each other

    ReplyDelete